Are you a Westland Area Jaycees or a member of a local Jaycees chapter in Michigan? Then this is the event for you! From general members to chapter presidents, we’ll have something for everyone!
Participants will have access to great tools and resources including:
- The Local Organization Handbook (both hard and soft copy)
- Chapter Plan Launch Pad
- Fundraising ideas
- Chapter marketing ideas
- Tools to better understand how to operate your chapter
- Tools you can directly put to work in your career
Whether you’re a general member or have taken on a new leadership role – Join other Jaycees and Chapters in
better understanding the role of the Jaycees in our communities, great ways to manage the operations of your
chapter, and find the excitement of being a Jaycee!
This will be your chance to take hold of the opportunity to engage in:
- Networking tools to connect better with Jaycees and other community influencers
- Chapter officer specific seminars
- Trainings for future leaders
Additionally, there is a room block at the Comfort Inn & Suites located at 9742 Woodlane Drive, Dimondale, MI for those that would like to come into town Friday Night. The rooms are $75 plus tax and can be booked by contacting the hotel at 517-345-6010. The Group block is under “Michigan Jaycees”
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM Registration open
9:30 AM to 9:45 AM Presidential Welcome and Team 95 Introduction
9:45 AM to 10:45 AM Breakout sessions! Choose from the following:
- Presidents, led by President Steve Fappas and Presidents Coach John Badeen, Esquire: For local chapter presidents only.
- VP/Auxiliary, led by Programming VP Beth Plant and Programming Team: For those elected or seeking a spot as Vice President on their local board.
- Directors/General Members, led by Membership VP Jaymi Dormaier and Membership Team: Learn how to make the most of 2019 with the knowledge you need as a new board director or active member.
10:50 AM to 11:50 AM Chapter Plan 101 with Chief of Staff Nikki Glinski and Wyandotte Chairman of the Board Sarah Fappas: Be prepared to tackle 2019’s Chapter Plan on a local level! You will receive a copy of the Wyandotte Chapter’s Plan from 2018 along with a blank template to start your own. Learn from Glinski and Fappas on how to start off the year with a strong programming slate and have your questions answered with help from the state’s Board of Directors.
11:50 AM to 12:30 PM Lunch and networking exercise
12:30 PM to 1:15 PM Basics and Benefits of Programming in 2019 with VP Beth Plant and Programming Team: Get ready to learn about the basics and benefits of programming. The programming basics will cover Passport to Leadership, competitions, and more. This training will prepare you to grow as a member in 2019!
1:15 PM to 2 PM Membership in 2019 with VP Jaymi Dormaier and Membership Team: Figure out your chapter’s membership goals and learn techniques on how to achieve them, including how to activate and retain members.
2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Robert’s Rules of Order with Past President Dave Worthams: Learn how to conduct a meeting efficiently and professionally according to Robert’s Rules! Past State President Dave Worthams will ensure everyone leaves knowing how to make and debate a motion, vote on agenda items and what rules to follow and when. Don’t miss this valuable training!
3:00 PM to 3:30 PM Round-table discussions: Still have some questions? Discuss what you’ve learned from other LOTS participants and get the rest of your questions from Team 95.
3:30 PM to 4:00 PM Get Ready for 2019 with JCI President Steve: Hear from next year’s leadership about JCI-MI’s goals and the strategies to achieve them. You’ll also receive an outline of the 2019 state calendar featuring conferences, membership deadlines and programming dates and the Handbook!